Monday, June 3, 2013

Unforgettable Stranger

Dr. Randall Pinkett impacted my life when he spoke at a leadership I attended earlier this school year. Dr. Pinkett spoke about being a leader and how it’s important to make your own trails in life rather than following trails that others have made. He encouraged us to be trailblazers. How was he able to keep a whole room of teens attentive? He only spoke for an hour and I think that’s why we all were so interested and focused on what he was saying. After his speech it made me want to apply all that he was saying to my own life. How can I become a trailblazer? He reminded me of my track coach, Coach Melton. Whenever Coach Melton speaks to us he motivates me and makes me want to go great things for myself and for my school, I felt the same way after listening to Dr. Pinkett’s speech. I believe that some people just have like this power to encourage people and instill hope in other and both Dr. Pinkett and Coach Melton do that for me. When Randall Pinkett spoke at the conference he was the first guest speaker on the first night and I believe that he was the perfect person to start off the conference on the right foot. I always believe that a good speaker makes you really think. Think about what you are doing. Think about what you aren’t doing. Think about what you should be doing. Dr. Pinkett pushed our minds and made us think outside of the box. Dr. Pinkett made me think about what has been written in my notebook and what I want to be written in the future. My life is a notebook, some space already taken up, but so much left to be written.       

No comments:

Post a Comment